Tuesday 30 December 2014

My pamper evening routine...



Once a week, i give myself a pamper evening mainly just to spend some time with myself.. life has become so busy and the days have become so short that it seems like each day passes in a blink and it becomes difficult to give yourself some time...

Well to be honest its mostly because i get extremely lazy in winters.. all i want to do is just lay in my bed all snuggled up in my blanket and eat loads of chocolate while watching YouTube videos.. So i have one day in the whole week when i just relax and give my self a pamper evening. It really works for me. I feel fresh afterwards and it helps me get a really good sleep as well.

So i decided to share my pamper evening routine with you all. Its not a spa at home kind of a pamper session but its just what i do to relax myself and after i'm done i feel fresh and squeaky clean too!

1. Mini facial:

        I start with a cream cleanser which i massage all over my face and neck for a minimum 3 minutes. If it starts getting dry and soaked up in my skin, i simply wet my finger tips and start massaging again. After i'm done, i just remove it with a wet cloth or sponge. This removes all the dirt and gunk. I am currently using Ponds white beauty cleansing milk.


       I then move on to a facial scrub. I simply take a small amount of the scrub and massage it gently onto my face without rubbing too harshly as that might irritate the skin. I avoid scrubbing my eye area as it is more delicate. I carry on this step for 3 minutes and then simply wash it off with luke warm water. My favorite scrub is the St.Ives Apricot scrub.


      Then i like to give my face a bit of steam if it needs some. I have a facial steamer, so i simply turn it on and take the steam for 3 minutes while covering my head with a towel. After i'm done i remove any blackheads with a blackhead removing tool and then wash my face with luke warm water.

      The steam opens up the pores, so after drying my face, i apply a thin layer of face mask and this cleans up the pores and also closes them. I leave on the mask for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with luke warm water. I am currently using the Freemans Acai purifying clay mask. Its almost finished as you can see from the way it looks..and i am going to try a different one this time.


       After i'm done with everything, i just apply a toner all over my face to close the pores and even out my skin tone. I am currently using the Clean & clear oil control toner.


2. Manicure & Pedicure:

        I try my best to give myself a mini at-home manicure and pedicure just to keep my hands and feet soft and prevent rough/scaly skin especially on the feet. I just use warm water to which i add some salt and vinigar and my bodywash (to make the foam). I then soak my hands/feet in it for 10-15 minutes. I then use a pumice to slightly scrub off any rough areas and then i clean my nails with a brush and thats it! Sometimes i use a foot scrub too just for some extra pampering.

3. Shower:

        My shower is very basic. But i do use a body scrub in the shower before i use my bodywash. I am currently using a home-made sugar and honey body scrub. It helps soften up my body and doesn't dry it afterwards. I have been using the L'Oreal Paris Nutri-Gloss mirror shine shampoo for a long time and i love it. For the body, i am currently using the Gentelle essentials Marine Blue Bath Foam as a bodywash and i love it mainly because of its fragrance! I then wash my face. I am currently using the Clean & Clear  Fruit Essentials Facial Cleanser Energizing Berry and this is my second bottle.. I simply love it!


       After the lovely warm shower, i like to slather my body in a good moisturizer. I am currently using the Nivea Soft cream. I then apply a toner (Clean & Clear one) and a face moisturizer. I am using the Himalaya Herbals Nourishing skin cream and i love how it smells. Finally i apply a lip balm to moisturize and hydrate my lips and i love TBS Born Lippy in strawberry.. Its so yummy.. Its so hard not to eat it!


Well thats all for now.. I hope you enjoyed this post.. :)

2 comments:

  1. where did you get the face mask from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is easily available at superstores across Pakistan.. I got mine from Shaheen Chemist Peshawar :)

      Delete