Sunday 4 January 2015

Review: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam



If i am ever made to choose the one makeup product that i cannot survive without, it would definitely be a "Lip Product". I just love lip products.. and whenever i feel like buying some new makeup, the first thing that pops up in my mind is a lipstick! I guess thats why i am mostly spotted staring at lip products in shops.. and only my tiny heart knows how much it wishes to buy every single one of them..

A few months back, my aunty was coming from US, so i decided that its a great chance for me to ask her to bring a few makeup products for me that are not available in Pakistan. The selection process was so overwhelming as it was so difficult for me to first decide what i want and then, to decide which shade i want as a shade might appear totally different on the website as compared to reality..

Well after searching over and over about each product and reading different reviews and viewing different swatches, i ordered a couple of things.. the NYX soft matte lip cream was one of them.. I wanted a perfect red shade for a very long time but i just couldn't find "my type" of red.. I really love MAC Ruby Woo.. but again.. its not available in Pakistan and its also pricey.. so i let that go.. and ordered NYX soft matte lip cream in the shade "Amsterdam".

I have my own criteria for a red lip colour.. I want it to be matte.. but not over-drying to the lips. It shouldn't make the teeth appear pale. It should be longlasting & above all.. it shouldnt end up everywhere on my face.

NYX soft matte lip cream in Amsterdam surprisingly turned out to be the exact shade i was looking for. It looks beautiful on the lips. It is the perfect red for me.



Packaging:

     The packaging is like that of a lip gloss. It is sturdy and does not leak. It is pretty classic. It holds 8ml product. The ingredients are mentioned on the back. 



Consistency:

    The consistency is thick and creamy but non-sticky. However, it feels really smooth and light on the lips.

Applicator:

    The applicator is dome shaped. It really makes the application a lot easier and manageable.


Application: 

    The lip cream is surprisingly extremely easy to apply. It is very pigmented and only a small quantity is required. It does not smudge all around the lips and feels super light on the lips. I have even applied it without a mirror and it turned out perfect. The applicator further eases the application. I didn't even feel the need to apply a lip liner. However, it did dry out my lips and so, you must exfoliate your lips before and after its use.

Lasting Power: 

    Well the lip cream lasts for a good 4 to 5 hours and does not need any touch-ups unless you eat or drink something. It does not survive meals. I had to reapply it after dinner and it wasn't easy because by then the first application had dried my lips and reapplication became patchy and difficult. Anyways, I somehow managed to apply it by slightly moisturizing my lips and then reapplying the lip cream. It did not make my teeth appear pale and nor does it get on the teeth..so that was a plus point!

Price:

    I ordered it for $6 which is almost 600 PKR, so it was quite affordable for me. However it can be ordered online through a few facebook pages and that costs around 950PKR. 

Repurchase:

    I would definitely repurchase it unless i find the same colour in any other brand which won't dry out my lips. However, this will last me long, so for now.. no worries! 

You can purchase it from the NYX website here or if you want it in Pakistan, so you can purchase it from the facebook page Rouge here.

Here is a swatch of the lip cream along with a picture to show how it looks on the lips. The camera did not do justice to the colour of the lip cream on the lips. It is darker and "True red" when seen in real.. 



I hope you enjoyed this post. Please do leave your comments and suggestions :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment