Saturday 17 January 2015

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in 103-True Ivory



When it comes to foundations, i personally prefer a light weight formula which doesn't appear cakey and isn't too heavy on my skin and above all, it should NEVER cause any breakouts. I just can't deal with a product that would cause breakouts!..

I have tried many different formulas and brands for foundations over the years but i could never come across the perfect one for me.. Anyways, in my pursue, i stumbled upon the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation and i think WE are gonna go a long way..

I ordered this foundation along with a couple of other things from Target through my aunt who was coming from the US. I had some trouble selecting the shade for me, but i watched a few YouTube videos and read a couple of reviews on different blogs and after going through tons of swatches on the internet, i finally decided to go for the shade "103-True Ivory". I do feel that this shade is a little dark on me, so this time i have ordered it in "091-Light Ivory" which is a bit lighter and hopefully would be the perfect shade for me!




It was the first time i ever tried a mousse foundation and after trying this foundation, i was "Ecstatic"!! This foundation is just the perfect one for me.. I have been using this ever since i got it and it has never let me down.. It is exactly what it claims! It is feather-light on the skin, it never feels heavy, it has a great lasting power, it stays matte for a good amount of time and it NEVER breaks me out.



Packaging:

    The foundation comes in a 30 ml/1 fl oz squeezable tube with a pretty purple cap. It is a simple matte thick plastic packaging. The shade is mentioned on the front and the back has the ingredients and description. The packaging is nothing too fancy but it is sturdy and does not tear or leak. It has a simple nozzle dispenser which works great in controlling the amount of product to be dispensed.







Consistency:

   The consistency of the foundation is thick and creamy. It is very soft and has the typical mousse-like texture. It is not of a runny consistency so it gets easy to control the amount of product coming out of the nozzle.





Application:

    The foundation is very easy to apply. I squeeze a pea-sized amount on the back of my hand and dot it all over my face and neck and gently rub it into the skin. 

Finish:

    It has a matte finish and does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles. It does not appear cakey. It feels super light on the skin. It completely meshes into my skin.

Shade:

    This shade has slight pink undertones and is good for medium to light complexions.

Coverage:

    The coverage is light to medium but buildable to full. I apply a single layer and it gives me great coverage!

Lasting Power:

    The lasting power of this foundation is great! It lasts for a good 7 to 8 hours. I have an oily T-zone but this foundation keeps my face matte for about 7 to 8 hours after which i do notice minor shine on my T-zone which is not a big issue for me...A little touch-up with powder and voila!  I have had it on my face, on many occassions, for a full day and it lasted even then.. It does not transfer at all! It has never caused me any breakouts but it can be a little drying so i normally apply a small amount of moisturizer before i apply this foundation. I also moisturize my face after removing my makeup so as to prevent dryness. 

Price:

    I got this foundation for $5 which is around 500 PKR, which is super-affordable. However, in Pakistan it retails for 850 PKR. 

Repurchase:

    I will definitely repurchase it! I have already ordered a second tube for myself.. I am in love with this foundation. It is great for everyday use and the best option according to me for working women.

You can purchase it from any drugstore. I got mine from Target  here. It can be purchased in Pakistan from Just4girls.pk here. It can also be found in some good malls around Pakistan. 

Here is a swatch of the foundation spread on the skin and also after it has  been blended.. It blends seamlessly!





I hope you enjoyed this review :) Share your thoughts on this foundation in the comments bar down below :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment