Wednesday 15 April 2015

Review: L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black



Hi lovelies.. Today i am going to be reviewing the L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black.. My friend had been raving about it for ages but i never got to try it so she gifted it in an attempt to convince me to fall in love with it.. Read on to find whether i was convinced or not..

I love mascaras due to the fact that no matter how drained up you look, a simple coat of mascara can wake up your eyes and brighten up your face. I mostly use only a mascara and a lipstick as a lazy day makeup look so i tend to gravitate towards something that is easy to apply and lifts up my lashes without the need to use an eyelash curler..

I had heard a lot about this mascara but i wasn't sure if i would love it mainly because i had the image that it would be clumpy on my lashes and i hate that feeling. Moreover i don't know why but i thought it is waterproof and i avoid waterproof mascaras because they are a pain to remove..

So when my friend gifted me this, i had to give it a go and find out whether its worth owning or not.. So here goes a review..

The packaging is like any other mascara with a bit of detailing just to make it a bit more fancy.. But the wand.. it is not like any other mascara i have ever owned. It is a thin plastic wand with short bristles. I never liked plastic wands. i always preferred the brush wands as they separate the lashes and make application easier..but i somehow managed to work with this one!




The mascara itself is super creamy and due to the tight opening of the tube, you do not get any excess product on the wand. It did take me some time to get used to this wand but once i was comfortable, it became easier to apply..

It is super black and lengthening. It is highly pigmented. At first it made my lashes clumpy and i thought i am going to hate it but then i tried applying it by moving the wand in a zig zag motion over my lashes and that did the magic.. no more clumps! i didn't get super separated lashes but still the result was bearable.. The wand makes it easier to apply the mascara on lower lashes without having it smudged on the lower eyelid.

This mascara does last long on my eyes but it smudges if i get slight watery eyes or if rubbed even the slightest bit. Moreover i did not see much of a curling effect on the lashes as well. This is probably due to the small size of the wand.

So to sum it all up.. Although it is not the kind of mascara i would prefer, still, it is a good everyday use mascara and i  find myself reaching out for it often..Its good to step out of your comfort zone and try new looks :)

Here is a before and after picture of my lashes :)

Left: Before  Right: After 

It is a drugstore product and retails for around $10.59. It can be ordered online in Pakistan from Facebook pages like Zensky and Rouge.

I hope you enjoyed this post :)

XOXO,
Sundas




1 comment:

  1. It's a happy day to be able to read an article that is so clearly researched and written. i have very much enjoyed this informational content. CBD Oil Boxes

    ReplyDelete